Event Tech of the Week: @maketv
Today, we’re talking about make.tv
What is the “problem” that your tool seeks to solve?
“Problem”: There are still barriers that keep event producers from streaming an event:
1. Live video streaming events or conferences is too complicated and expensive.
2. Annoying software installation and overloaded user interfaces, unsuitable for mass market.
3. Lack of viewer interactivity and collaboration.Solution: make.tv is a flexible, cost-efficient and scalable full service solution for live streaming.
Enabling collaborative production of single live stream by journalists in different locations.
make.tv allows the audience to participate in the live program and to create comprehensive, interactive formats.
Fully web-based and intuitive software
What is the best audience for this tool? Corporate events? Social? Other? Large? Small?
Any events small or big that are meant to reach an audience beyond one location. Not only can others watch the livestream from the event, the interactive features allow viewers to participate with their own video, they can also vote live or you can do a poll among all viewers. Speakers can also join from anywhere and interview scenes with multiple live cameras from various locations are created in a just a few clicks.
What does your tool help event planners do better?
How is your tool different from/better than the competition?
1. Live streaming portals: e.g. Livestream, Justin, BitTorrent and Ustream (these are destination sites and not full production studios likemake.tv)
2. Client based software and hardware solutions like Wirecast, Newtec, LiveU and specific web based tools that are similar to specific aspects of make.tv (Spreecast and Vokle)
make.tv focusses on the production side and has compelling USPs in the fields of reliability, creative capabilities and especially collaborative and interactive functionality: e.g. viewer streams can be integrated into the program (back-channel), rich media elements like voting and the opportunity to work with a whole production crew at the same time using make.tv’s cloud based studio.
What is the single coolest feature of your product?
1. Interactivity: viewer participation (viewers can join with video) and voting tool
2. Entirely cloud based (running in browser) and that makes it lightweight and very affordable compared to eg hardware solutions. Also allows Collaboration: produce a stream together with a team that can be working from anywhere.