Event Tech of the Week: @GetFastBar
Today we’re talking about: FastBar
Company/Tool Name: FastBar
What is the “problem” that your tool seeks to solve?
FastBar eliminates the need to use cash or a credit card at an event. We automate transactions using wearable, NFC, and mobile payment technologies. FastBar is best used at events where attendees make multiple onsite transactions. That can include, food, drinks, merchandise, auction items, donations, golf, spa or any other add on item.
What is the best audience for this tool? Corporate events? Social? Other? Large? Small?
Trade shows, festivals, fairs, galas, fundraisers, social events, holiday parties, or any event that has a cash bar or accepts drink tickets.
What does your tool help event planners do better?
- Reduce lines at event so attendees can spend more time enjoying the event instead of waiting
- Lowers labor requirements to operate onsite bars, restaurants, book stores, auctions and donations
- Track and report attendee spend in real time, monitor inventory levels, create live promotions
- Send SMS and push notifications to attendees
- Lowers transactions times and increases sales volume of onsite goods.
How is your tool different from/better than the competition?
- FastBar is more secure than cash/checks
- It’s faster and more convenient than alternative mobile payment processing products like Square or Paypal
- It’s easier and more cost effective that popular event Point of Sale systems
What is the single coolest feature of your product?
Attendees get their drinks faster!
Anything else we need to know?
To process a transaction, we scan NFC tags. These tags can be embedded into wristbands, name badges, or even eSkin tattoos!
This weekly series spotlights a new tech tool that is designed to help make planning events much more seamless. Whether it’s using event software to track every detail from start to finish or mobile apps that deliver content to attendees’ fingertips, these technologies allow planners to divert their stress to more critical issues like deciding which napkin color looks best.