Ask the Attendees: @SoundTea #techstylenyc
TechStyleNYC is an event, held during Fashion Week, that brought together fashion and technology. The event had a wonderful turnout and attendees enjoyed the chance to celebrate NYC’s fashion week in techsy style!
But just who are the brands that attended the event? What’s their take on the event industry? And what did they think of TechStyleNYC? We took the opportunity to interview a few of the attendees and over the next few days will be featuring their interviews, read on for a peek inside the guests’ heads:
We talked to Salim Najjar and Tommy Kelly. co-founders of Sound Tea.
1. First of all, please tell our readers about you – what is the company all about?
Sound Tea was born of a desire for a purer, simpler drink—no sweeteners, no fillers, nothing more than just what is needed. In a world crowded by noise and artificiality, we went back to the roots with just high quality organic tea and bubbles. Our promise is to create the best tasting beverage, with the highest quality ingredients and the most honest and transparent business practices. That’s it.
We believe that life can be sweet without added sugar, that bubbles make everything better and that less is enough.
2. What were the 3 keys to getting the company off the ground – where did you invest all your time?
- Surrounding ourselves with the right people
- Staying resilient and accepting that little failures along the way are all part of what we signed up for
- Leaving our nice, comfortable full-time jobs and jumping feet first into an industry we knew nothing about
3. Just having participated in TechStyle NYC, what role do live events play in your branding and marketing initiatives?
These types of events help create a great buzz for the brand and allow influencers and first-movers to taste the beverage and instantly share their thoughts with the world. Events like TechStyle NYC also allow us to interact with people at the point of consumption, which really teaches us a whole lot about our consumer and the strengths and weaknesses of our product.
4. What was a successful social media campaign you hosted that showed great engagement and traction?
Unfortunately, we have yet to run any type of social media campaign L It is on our to-do list!
5. Finally, what is your favorite app?
Waze! It saves us hours on deliveries driving around NYC and gets us to our events and demos on time!