We Pinned It: New Year’s Resolutions
What do you want to accomplish in 2016? It’s all about the planning. The best way to attain a goal is to set up a specific plan. Here are some of the most popular resolutions, along with some techsy tools that will help you plan your success.
- Lose weight / Exercise more – we love Runkeeper for tracking walks, runs, hikes, bike rides… even snow shoeing! Used in conjunction with My Fitness Pal you’ve got a recipe for success.
- Eat better – Speaking of recipes… looking for a little more quality but don’t want to spend too much more time? Try the Food Planner app which lets you search for, and save, recipes from all over the internet. It also helps you plan weekly meals, and even lets you create grocery lists, which will keep you from impulse buying!
- Spend less money/budget – Mint keeps track of your bills, when they are due, and monitors your bank and credit card accounts. Importantly, it tells you when there’s a mismatch between the two so you can fix the problem before you get charged for insufficient funds!
- Dress better – You only get one chance to make a first impression so make it count. Stylebook lets you get more out of your closet, from the convenience of your phone.
- Quit smoking – Here’s one time you won’t mind being called a Quitter This app, available on itunes shows you how long it’s been since your last cigarette and, smartly, details how much money you’ve saved by not smoking.
- Find love – Maybe you don’t want to judge a book by its cover, or have a prospective date judge you by your appearance. If so, Willow might be for you. It’s an app that allows the user to hide their photos until they are ready to reveal them, preferably after you’ve had a chance to get to know each other a little.
- Find a new job – LinkedIn is popular for helping you get connected to the right people but Glassdoor can help you get a better understanding of what other candidates went through so that you can be better prepared for your own interview.
- Travel more – Hopper is an excellent app for figuring out the best deal on flights so you can get where you want to go without breaking the bank.
- Learn a new language – If you’re going to travel, you might want to learn a new language. From a casual 5 minutes a day to an insane 20 minutes a day, Duolingo will have you blending in with the locals in no time.
Was YOUR resolution not on our list? Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas.